Our Corporate Social Responsibility
SARquavitae is directly committed to the society where it operates. This corporate social responsibility permeates everything we do wherever we are. We have launched engagement protocols for use with institutions, workers, clients, family members, suppliers and society in general to satisfy their expectations, to add value to our work and boost efficiency.
To make all this work, we have set up a company-wide Corporate Social Responsibility Committee that applies this philosophy to all policy areas: Human resources, marketing, operations, computer systems, communication, legal quality department, financial department, etc.
SARquavitae publishes an annual report of activities that includes the corporate responsibility report which has been given the highest possible rating "A+" of the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative).
SARquavitae Code of Conduct and Ethics Monitoring System
Right from the start, SARquavitae been growing and behaving in an excellent, ethical manner. To achieve this and to strengthen the way we work and act, we have made moved forward by adhering to our Code Of Conduct. The entire workforce and all our suppliers, collaborators and stakeholders of SARquavitae have joined this initiative. The code requires us to act according to its principles and values and strengthens SARquavitae's commitment to ethical behaviour.
SARquavitae also created the Supervisory and Ethical Surveillance Committee (CSVE), in December 2013, a body that supervises, oversees and controls the prevention model, establishing criminal sanctions and corporate liability.
SARquavitae is committed to society and to all the groups which it has relationships.
Commitment to equality and functional diversity
In accordance with the principles of equality and non-discrimination, SARquavitae does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, nationality or origin. The only factors taken into consideration are competency and personal attitudes. Equal opportunities between men and women are a palpable reality at SARquavitae, which believes in putting the right people in the right jobs.
In this regard, SARquavitae has signed the diversity charter, a protocol by the Fundación de la Diversidad (Foundation for Diversity). It encourages institutions and enterprises to commit to the fundamental principles of equality and to behaviour that is respectful to the right of every person, regardless of his/her diverse profile to be included in the Labour setting and in society.
- Contribute to a fairer and more equal society. - Incorporate the principle of equal opportunities for men and women based on our business policy, making equal opportunities a hallmark and characteristic of the organisation. - Be seen as an example of social responsibility equal treatment of male and female workers. - Equal treatment and nondiscrimination to members of the company workforce. - Foster the wellbeing of members of staff, giving them the opportunity to achieve a suitable work-life balance. - Include balancing family and working life in the company's human resources policy. - Prevent and erradicate all discriminatory behaviour from our organisation.
Measures derived from the plan:
- Review of processes and recruitment and internal promotion documentation. - All staff receive gender sensitivity training. - Equality agents are trained to ensure that the plan is carried out correctly. - Draft and distribute the "Work life balance measures at SARquavitae" documents. - Draft and distribute the protocol against sexual or gender harassment documents. - Encourage recruitment of women under permanent work contracts. - Increase the number of men and women in professional categories where they are underrepresented. - Foster the use of non-sexist language.
The SARquavitae Equality committee is a joint body made up of management and general workforce representatives. Its mission is to oversee compliance with the principles, objectives and measures contained in the equality plan and to deal with and respond to enquiries, suggestions and related cases. All employees are at liberty to address the Equality Committee by sending an email to the mailbox created for the purpose..
Committed to training
As a leading company in the sector, SARquavitae has a duty to improve the training and technical skills of employees working in the healthcare and social area. In order to do so, it has created several training programmes that benefit not only its own workforce, but the sector in general. More information
Commitment to the environment
SARquavitae is fully aware of the potential impact of its activities on climate change, which is why in 2013 it engaged the services of an energy consultant for the purpose of establishing a strategy to reduce energy consumption in its centres.
SARquavitae does not consider climate change exclusively from the standpoint of its economic impact and its physical, regulatory and reputational risk, but as an opportunity for permanency and an element that sets our company apart from others.
- Energy saved due to conservation and efficiency improvements - Initiatives to mitigate environmental impacts of products and services - Waste processing
United Nations Global Compact
SARquavitae adheres to the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact on Human Rights, Labour, Environment, and Anti-corruption and has undertaken to incorporate its principles in the company's strategy, culture and everyday activities.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, within their area of influence.
2. Business should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
4. Businesses should support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
5. Businesses should support the effective abolition of child labour.
6. Businesses should support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8. Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9. Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.